Get rid of dark circles under your Eyes – Nowadays, a lot of people have dark circles under their eyes, these dark circles can be observed on anyone’s eyes irrespective of age, although it is more common in older people. Both men and women feel they don’t look their best when they have bags under their eyes. Dark circles under the eyes make you feel tired than looking tired in itself, and this has been a cause for concern and exhaustion for many people.
We live in modern times and the accompanying stressful life doesn’t help, as we spend several hours in front of a computer screen at home or office which literarily murder your eyes, with lack of sleep and stress adding insults to the injury. If you have noticed dark circles under your eyes and you are worried it’s going to stick with you till forever, well don’t be.
The following home remedies will get rid of dark circles under your eyes for real.
Before trying anything else…
It is important to note that the best way to get rid of dark circles under your eyes is to eliminate the cause. Spend less time on computer and television screens, ensure you have adequate sleep and be sun smart. Stay away from excessive drinking and stress, you may observe improvement in your dark circles. You should also consider being tested for allergies which can be precursors for those dark circles.
A slight modification in lifestyle can go a long way in improving your overall health and getting rid of dark circles without recourse for further treatment.
Still no luck? Try these 5 Natural remedies to get rid of dark circles under your Eyes
Cucumbers have cooling as well as astringent properties and can be used to reduce wrinkles and swelling. They can help reduce puffiness, increase blood flow and lighten the skin.
- Cut cucumber into slices and place in a refrigerator to chill. Place each sliced cool cucumber on your eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash afterward with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice daily for at least a week to notice changes.
- You can also grate some cucumber, extract the cucumber juice and cool it by refrigerating for some minutes. With the aid of a cotton ball, take some juice and apply it under your eyes. Allow your skin to absorb the juice for about 15 minutes, then wash off with lukewarm water. This can be done twice daily for a week.
- Dark circles under the eyes can also be gotten rid off by mixing equal quantities of lemon juice and cucumber juice, apply the mixture to the skin under the eyes using a cotton ball. Leave it for about 15 minutes then wash off with water. This should be done once daily for 8 to 10 days.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a cucumber, chose your preferable method, find a good spot to relax and let that cucumber work its magic!
Often times, potatoes get lots of bad reviews, for all the starch it contains and for the fact that it is often fried to crisp. Diet-wise, it may not be the healthiest, but its very effective on the skin, it contains vitamin A, C and can help lighten your skin, this makes them effective in getting rid of dark circles under your eyes.
- Place two potatoes in the refrigerator to chill for an hour.
- Peel the potatoes, grate and extract the juice.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the juice around your eyes before going to bed. Leave overnight and was off in the morning with lukewarm water.
- After a week or two, you should notice a distinct change in coloration.
- 9 Genius Things To Do With Used Tea Bags
- Bra Stains? What It Might Be Saying About Your Health!
- How to get rid of large face pores.
- 4 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Mice Naturally
Milk contains gentle acids that help moisturize and soften the skin under the eyes. Furthermore, it contains enzymes, proteins, amino acids and antioxidants required to nourish, strengthen and heal damaged skin. Milk can, therefore, be used to get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
- Place your cotton ball soaked in milk in a refrigerator to cool for about an hour
- Remove cotton balls and place under your eyes, hold still till they become warm
- Repeat this procedure three to four times daily for a few weeks.
4. Cold tea bags
Cold tea bags are also effective in getting rid of dark circles under your eyes. Tea bags especially green tea are rich in antioxidants and tannins and can lighten dark circles. The tannin help reduce puffiness and swelling.
- Boil about four tea bags in one cup of water for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bags and place in a refrigerator to cool for about an hour.
- Place cool tea bags over your eyes for about 15 minutes
- Repeat this procedure twice daily for about 10 days to get positive results.
Just like milk, yogurt is also a good skin moisturizer, and it’s much easier to apply. Apply some yogurt with the aid of a cotton ball on the affected area, massage the skin area gently to get rid of dark circles under your Eyes. Please ensure you use a pure, natural yogurt for this process.
Got any remedies of your own? Let us know in the comments below!