Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years. It is a medicinal herb of the genus Aloe. It is a perennial plant which originated from the Arabian Peninsula, and should be more than a potted decoration. Aloe vera is used as remedies for several internal and external health conditions. It is widely used as a therapeutic, to relieve heartburns, soothe pains and inflammations, keep fruits and vegetables fresh.
Reasons why the super Herb Aloe vera should be in your home
1. Aloe vera can be used as a Digestive Aid
Aloe vera can be used in alleviating digestive problems. As it is widely used to soothe burnt skin, it functions similarly internally by soothing the lining of the stomach and intestines. Aloe vera, when taken in moderation, can help relieve digestive disorders like irritable bowel syndrome.
It is also effective in treating stomach ulcers and regulation of the microflora population in your intestines.
2. Aloe vera is an Excellent Source of Minerals
It is rich in minerals needed for growth, development, and maintenance of body processes. It contains Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Iron, Potassium, and magnesium.
- Calcium – This helps to improve bone density, muscular function, vascular health, and mental health. It also prevents osteoporosis in menopausal women.
- Zinc – It is needed to boost and promote stronger immune health. Additionally, it participates in hundreds of enzymatic processes in the human body.
- Copper – This is needed for cardiovascular health, especially for transportation and processing of oxygen in the blood.
- Iron – It is necessary for oxygen and carbon dioxide transport in the bloodstream.
Potassium – It is needed for healthy brain and normal functioning of the nervous system. It also helps regulate blood fluid levels.
- Magnesium – It is needed for many enzymatic processes such as DNA and RNA syntheses. It is also essential for efficient energy transfer throughout the body.
3. Aloe vera can raise Your pH
When the body’s Ph becomes too low, it results in a condition referred to as acidosis. This can lead to myriads of health challenges such as disorientation, mental and physical fatigue, illness and infections and loss of appetite. Acidosis can be caused by many factors, but it has just a single solution; reduction of blood and body ph to a neutral level.
Aloe vera is rich in minerals which makes it an ideal cure. Aloe vera is alkalizing, which makes it an ideal cure for mild acidosis.
- Science-Backed Health Reasons Why We Need At Least 8 Hugs A Day (#3 is Shocking)
- Would You Put Honey In Your Vagina For A Yeast Infection?
- A mother’s son was dying from cancer so she secretly gave him cannabis tincture
- Why You Should Eat More Tropical Fruits
4. Aloe Vera Contains 8 Essential Amino Acids
- Lysine – This is needed for elastin and collagen production, which is a vital component of radiant, youthful looking skin.
- Valine – It is needed for energy and cell regeneration in muscle tissue.
Methionine – It is needed in small quantities for liver function and cardiovascular health.
- Leucine – It stimulates muscle growth and improves muscular function. (Recommended to use in conjunction with Biotin.)
- Isoleucine – This is needed for digestion of fatty acids and regulation of blood glucose levels. (Recommended to use in conjunction with Biotin.)
- Phenylalanine – This is an analgesic and antidepressant
- Histidine – Partakes in many enzymatic functions. Plays an essential role in respiration
- Glutamic acid – It plays a key role in cellular metabolism.
5. Aloe vera has Anti-microbial properties
Aloe vera is made up of antimicrobial compounds which inhibit the growth and spread of germs, bacteria, fungi, and other microbes. The compounds which confer aloe vera with its antimicrobial properties include cinnamic acid, Sulphur, urea nitrogen, lupeol, salicylic acid, and phenol – another reason to have your aloe potted in your home.
6. Aloe vera is rich in Vitamins
It contains vitamins such as Thiamin (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxal phosphate (B6), Ascorbic acid (C), Folate, (B9) and Beta-carotene (A)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) – This is important for metabolic function, especially carbohydrate metabolism.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) – It is needed for synthesis of other vitamins, including other B vitamins. It also improves digestion and metabolism.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) – This function by reducing LDL (bad cholesterol) and triglyceride levels, and improving HDL (good cholesterol) levels. It also plays important role in maintaining normal functioning of the heart, liver, kidney, and intestinal function.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal phosphate) – this is needed for the metabolism of amino acids, and also for the release of glucose from stored glycogen in muscle tissue and liver.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – This is an antioxidant. It stimulates collagen production, and participate in many enzymatic reactions.
- Vitamin B9 (folate) – This is needed for the synthesis and repair of DNA, including the production of healthy red blood cells.
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene) – This is an antioxidant, which improves eye health, and may play a significant role in reducing the risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
7. Aloe vera contains Fatty Acids
Three important plant sterols can be found in aloe vera which is beneficial to human health. They are Lupeol, Campesterol, Beta-sitosterol
- Lupeol – This has anti-microbial, anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, antiprotozoal and chemo-preventative properties
- Campesterol – This helps to reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines.
- Beta-sitosterol – This prevents the absorption of bad cholesterol, and may aid treatment of some cancers. In addition, Aloe vera is also rich in other fatty acids such as caprylic, linoleic, myristic, stearic, oleic, and palmitic.
8. Aloe vera is a Powerful Detoxifier
Aloe vera is gelatinous in nature, as it passes through the digestive tract, it detoxifies. It is loaded with mineral ions which aid body fluid transport and regulation.
9. Aloe Vera as an Immune System Booster
Aloe vera boost the immune system, it contains several polysaccharides which can help you ward off infections and illnesses. It also contains vitamins which are antioxidants which are essential in strengthening the immune system and warding off bacterial and viral attacks.
10. Aloe vera can Improve Skin and Hair Health
Aloe vera is beneficial for skin and hair health. It is an excellent natural moisturizer, which is both non-greasy and lightweight. Its antioxidants properties help reduces all signs of early aging. It also contains polysaccharides which aid the activities of blood macrophages in the fight against infection. This property also helps wound heal faster with less scarring.
Aloe vera has collagen-stimulating abilities for smooth regeneration and repair. The high concentration of amino acids in aloe vera helps makes energy available for cell regeneration. Its antimicrobial property helps fight off scalp infections and prevent hair loss. It is also loaded with minerals and vitamins that promote healthy skin and hair.
Aloe vera gel or juice is taken internally should be done in moderation. Consult your health adviser before commencing on any form of long-term treatment.